Since 1993 the Institute has been based in Villa Bleuler, a listed monument built in 1885–88, at no. 32 Zollikerstrasse in the Riesbach district of Zurich. The villa was designed by Gottfried Semper’s pupil Alfred Friedrich Bluntschli for Hermann Bleuler and his wife Emma Dorothea Bleuler-Huber. Bleuler was a lieutenant general in the Swiss army and served on the Council of the Federal Polytechnikum (now ETH), which he chaired from 1888 until 1905. In 1902 the house passed to silk manufacturers Carl and Annie Abegg-Stockar. The heirs sold the villa to the City of Zurich in 1983, and SIK-ISEA was able to acquire it under a lease.
Contact and directions in Zurich
Antenne romande, Lausanne